Thursday, July 31, 2014

I get down with light blue and brown

As much as I love the Goodwill, nowhere can beat eBay for random awesome pieces of clothes.  I was able to get this awesome brown, tan, and light blue check blazer for right about $20.  I had been looking for a nice blazer with light blue in it to match my blue pants, that i got from Orvis, a couple of years ago for $15. Sadly or I guess luckily, the pants are now pretty big on me and a little baggy for my taste.  But to show of this sweet blazer, I decided to wear them anyways. 
Since my pants were blue, I figured that I would tone down the tie for this outfit and went with a brown knit tie.  I know I've said this before, but I really like knit ties.  While most often solid on color, they can still add a layer of complexity and texture. 
Because it was a little damp out, I threw on my brown suede double monk strap shoes. I actually snatched them up for $35 from Belk on clearance. 
I'm really digging this pocket square that I found at JC Penney for $5. It is broken into 4 different color squares, with white trim.  You can fold it a bunch of different ways to suit your taste but I really like just having one color show with the white trim.  I had honestly been looking for a tan one like that for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment