Thursday, July 10, 2014

Blazing a New Trail

Blazers; everyone knows the name but most people never venture past navy blue. But in fact blazer is just a term for any dress jacket that is solid in color. The name actually comes from an ivy league college rowing tram that wore red jackets, that soon gain the nickname blazers because of their bright color.

Because I love color I have acquired a collection of various colored blazers and this teal green one is certainly one v of my favorites.  I actually picked up this blazer at the salvation army for under five bucks.

I paired the jacket with khakis and navy blue accessories because everything goes with khakis and navy blue.  The check dress shirt by american living, I found on clearance at JC Penney for just over $3.  The navy knit tie was a hand me down from my old coworker's husband.  The Khaki linen pants at part of s $20 suit from goodwill. The shoes are Mark McNairy pebble grain loafers. I really like pebble grain leather it adds a nice subtle texture.  While I don't necessarily recommend wearing loafers with full suits, they can look good in the summer and always are appropriate with slacks and a blazer.

Apart from the jacket, what I really like about this outfit are the accessories. The teal, navy, and grey socks are from target (which actually carries pretty color sticks for a decent price). The gingham pocket square was just a buck or two on eBay.  But the most awesome and loudest most gaudy piece is the gold and diamond stick  pin that I decided to wear as a tie pin. I was actually given about a dozen of them from my uncle Kevin who works at men's warehouse. 

  A lot of places don't recommend tie pins because of the damage they can inflict on your shirt and Ties, but because the shirt cost $3 and the tour was free I figured what the hell and went for it.  And honestly  there's not much that can mess up a knit tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment