Tuesday, August 5, 2014

All White, All Right

A white suit is honestly a very hard thing to pull off successfully. I snagged this linen one for less than $100 at Men's Warehouse.  The fit has to be perfect and the accessories have to be on point but the most important part is the shirt. Obviously, you can't wear a white shirt and you should never wear a black dress shirt because you will look like a tool, so your best option is either a lighter blue or pink shirt. Pink, although it is my favorite color, can certainly look Miami Viceish and unless you're tan, can make you look insanely pale.  I really prefer a light blue shirt and I really love this Chambray one that I got at the Goodwill. Because the white suit looks  so dressy, the almost denim, chambray shirt really helps dress it down a little and make it more fun. 
I really like this white and blue floral bow tie with this outfit because it makes the whole outfit look vintage. I went with the navy blue pocket square because it really popped against the white.  To bring it all together, I wore these bright-but-not-too-bright Cole Haan shoes that I bought for $30 on eBay and a blue woven belt that I got from JC Penney for $5. 
But no matter how awesome an outfit looks, clothes can never compare to the beauty of nature. Just look at these awesome sunflowers that my wife grew from seeds!  Now that's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment