Thursday, July 17, 2014

Not all Gray is dull

Seersucker does not always have to be loud and flamboyant. It certain colors it can look elegant and timeless, like this gray Chaps seersucker suit. Honestly I probably would not buy a gray seersucker suit except for the fact that I found this one at the salvation army for $10 and I really am glad that I did  because I actually really like this suit.

Unlike allot of my other more color seersucker suits, this one can be worn with just about any dress shirt but I really like it with yellow because I feel that yellow and gray complement each other very well.  Yellow is actually a very under appreciated color for dress shirts. Not very many people wear them and that's a shame because they look good with just about any color suit and they are not overly attention seeking so they are a good beginning step into incorporating more color into your wardrobe.

To play off of the yellow I wore my gray and yellow bucks that I picked up at JC Penny for $25, and they are actually pretty decent in terms of quality and they are extremely comfortable weighing practically nothing. Since everything else was pretty mellow I decided to kick it up a notch with a very colorful custom made gingham seersucker bowtie and yellow pocket square with orange trim that I got from thetiebar.com for $8.

This outfit is the reason I love thrift stores, it's because you never know what you might find and things are so inexpensive you can take a chance on something that you might not typically go for at full or even a discounted price. And more often than you might think you will be pleasantly surprised with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment