Thursday, August 7, 2014

Conservative but Not Dull

Last Thursday I went to a leadership seminar for work.  While I love to dress bright and flashy, I felt that I should dress a little more conservative for this event. But as you can hopefully see, conservative does not have to be dull and boring.
The standard business casual look around the world is a blue blazer and khakis.  I decided to go with that concept but take it up a notch. I am wearing linen khaki pants that are part of a suit that I got from the Goodwill for $20.  The blue plaid blazer, was also a thrift store find that cost all of $7.  The blue and white check shirt by Brooks Brothers was $4 at the Goodwill.  To add a jolt of unexpected color I went with the lime green polka dot bow tie from Marshals and the lime green trimmed pocket square from thetiebar.com.  The shoes are the only splurge on this whole outfit and they are blue canvas Cole Haan saddle shoes that were no more that $50 on eBay.  You'd honestly be surprised at how versatile blue dress shoes actually are and 9 times out of 10 you'll be the only guy in the room wearing blue shoes.
This outfit goes to show that you can dress conservatively but still how fun and show off your personality and style and you can do it all for under $100!

No comments:

Post a Comment