Friday, August 8, 2014

Conservative but Not Dull; Day 2

Unfortunately, you can't always dress as loud and as fun as you may wish. Certain occasions, usually dealing with work require a certain look and dress code. The secret to great style is know how to work within a set of rules but still make an outfit your own.
In this work outfit, I went with a traditional color suit, gray, in a traditional yet fun pattern, Glenn plaid with blue, which I got for $100 T JC Penney and then made the accessories my own. The easiest way to make a dull suit pop is to wear either a pink or yellow dress shirt with it. 

As always, I love bow ties so I had to wear one with the more conservative outfit to lighten it up a little and It's almost impossible to go wrong with blue gingham. To make the outfit less top heavy, I went with these different but not extremely loud blue and brown Cole Haan saddle shoes. They make a statement without slapping you in the face.

Just remember just because you have to dress conservatively it doesn't mean you have to be boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment