Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Red

Sadly, seersucker season has come to an end.  Spanning a 99 brief days from memorial day to labor day, it is always sad to say goodbye to my favorite fabric.  Over the past year, I have acquired almost every color seersucker suit except for the elusive purple and red white and blue. So of you ever find either of these please let me know! 
This photo shoot was taken a few weeks ago but I've been slacking on my posts so I'm just being to it now.  Pictured is my red seersucker suit that I found at a sketchy men's clothing store for $100. I think that it's one of the best finds I've found in a long while.
Because a red seersucker suit is quite loud it is best to keep everything else a little more toned down.  As with everything, you can never fail with a while dress shirt. While this multicolor polka dot bow tie is not exactly tame, the colors are muted and I felt that the colors went very well with the red.  I actually bought this fabric and had a lady on Etsy make me a bow tie. This was before i leaned how to make my own. To dress it down a little and add to the summer time flair I chose these beige canvas and tan leather saddle shoes by Cole Haan.
I am certainly going to miss summer and seersucker but I'm excited for Fall and all the tweed and pumpkin flavored things that go along with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment