Thursday, September 5, 2013

August 4th The Green Monster

 
Light Green plaid suit- $19.99 at the Goodwill

Orange Flower Bow Tie by Stafford at JC Penny $10 on sale    Yellow and Orange Pocket Square $8 on TheTieBar.com

Skagen Watch- Gift from Amanda

Chestnut Brown Allen Edmonds Strand- $100 on Ebay  Retail- $395

 
There is no place in the world where you can find as awesome and as cheap clothes as at thrift stores. Goodwills are my favorite because they are clean and reliable. The Salvation Army and DAV also have great deals but I find them to be a little dingier. Church run and private thrift stores are even sketchier still but they often have extremely cheap prices and you can find hidden gems in them every once in a while.
 
People always ask me how I find such sweet things at thrift stores and I always tell them what an old man once told me about fishing, "The trick to catching more fish is  to fish more often ."   The same thing goes for thrift stores, you have to check them out every couple of day because there is only one of each thing at the thrift store and when it's gone, it's gone.
 
 Every second counts when it comes to thrifting. There have been numerous times when I saw someone grab something sweet right in front of me. But that's half the fun of thrift store shopping, "The Thrill of the Hunt."  Just don't go into a thrift store looking for something in particular because you will not find it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment