Wednesday, September 18, 2013

August 16th- "...'Cept My Gator Shoes Those Are Green!"


Green with British Tan Faux Alligator Air Colton Saddle Shoes by Cole Haan 

 
Vintage Hidden Bar corner cabinet $25 at the Goodwill

 
Tan Suit from JC Penny $70 on super clearence

 
White with Green Windowpane Dress Shirt by Stafford $10   
Brown Knit Tie - Hand-me-down from co-worker's husband

 
        I had the damnedest time finding these shoes; but these green saddle shoes are my favorite shoes that I own. They are an exclusive collaboration done by Cole Haan and Theophilus London and were only sold in select Cole Haan stores.
 
       With such loud shoes, the rest of the outfit must be quite and stay in the background. I personally think that these shoes go best with a tan/khaki suit but I have worn them with blue and even grey suits with nice results. I usually pair them with this white and green windowpane dress shirt because the color is just about identical but is only noticeable from up close. 
 
     While I love bow ties, I am currently really digging knit ties and this brown one is perfect for the Fall color palette. Brown is a lot more lively than black but still mute enough to stay in the background and let other articles of clothing shine.
 
     Knit ties are a good choice for guys who do not like bow ties but still want to stand out from the crowd.  These ties can go with any outfit and add texture and heft that a silk tie doesn't which makes them perfect as the weather drops.  They can also be easily dressed up beneath a suit or dressed down with jeans and a sport coat or sweater. A knit tie is one of the subtle additions to a man's wardrobe that will really show the world that he knows how to flex his sartorial muscle. 
 
Check this out for a little more knit tie inspiration or go to The Tie Bar and pick one up for $15.







No comments:

Post a Comment