Thursday, October 30, 2014

Halloween

Halloween, All Hollow's Eve, or The Devil's Day,  not matter what you call it, it's a time for pumpkins, scares, and the color orange.

Because I don't wear the color black, I have a hard time dressing festive for Halloween.  I have to stick with orange, which is fine because it's my 2nd favorite color. 

Here I'm just hanging out with the ghouls.  I'm wearing a pair of Tommy Hilfiger pants that I got on eBay for under $25. The Brooks Brothers shirt was stolen from my brother which I  know he found at the Goodwill.  The jacket is from the Goodwill as well and the pumpkin tie by alynn was purchased from eBay for around $10. 

It's so easy to look tacky during the holidays. The trick is not trying to hard and keeping things simple.  While there are a million novelty ties, but less than 1% of them look good and not corny.   A good rule of thumb is a small repeating pattern that is stitched not printed on.  This pumpkin tie fits the bill perfectly.   

Also, never be afraid of colorful pants.  You can wear them just like any other pants but they show that your don't take life to seriously and know how to dress.

Remember,  dress festively not tackily this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment