Thursday, September 11, 2014

Never Forget

Today is the 13th anniversary of the September 11 terrorist attacks. It is now known as Patriot Day. In honor of those who died and to give a big middle finger to the terrorist that wish us harm, I decided to wear red white and blue today but do it in a classy way. 

The easiest way to wear red white and blue is with a plain khaki suit. Due to my outrageous wardrobe and the fact that I worked for the House of Representatives, I have ALOT of red white and blue clothes.   I wanted more than just a patriotic tie, so I decided to wear this awesome red, white and blue gingham check shirt.  I got this shirt from a site called Saville Row, a nod to the famous street in London know for its suit makers. At $45, it cost more than i would typically pay now days. As much as I love it, like an idiot I bought it with French cuffs, and I now really hate French cuffs. I really hate the name and I feel that it looks pretentious and Douchy.  I usually roll the sleeves up but when I do wear them long, I don't "kiss" them I use a simple cuff link and use it just like a regular button.  
Since the shirt is loud, I went with a simple red knit tie and a white pocket square with red trim.  But I did go hard with my shoes and socks. As you know I love socks and shoes. These socks came from Marshall's and are by Happy feet. These shoes are Cole Haan and you can't tell by the photo but they are white with a blue saddle and a red tongue and red on the back. They are the shoes that started my Cole Haan Air Colton obsession, so I both love and hate them...
The only time that I typically wear lapel pins other than a real or knit flower is on a holiday  and usually a patriotic one.  I felt that this simple stars and stripes ribbon was subtle, classy, and got the point across. 

Thanks for reading. Stand up, be proud, don't be afraid, and never forget!
q

No comments:

Post a Comment