Friday, February 14, 2014

Earthy Tones

A lot of guys stick to black, blue and grey; but to me earthy colors, like brown, tan, and green, are a lot richer and warmer. While these are not your typical "work colors", they can easily fit into any place of business while allowing you to stand out from the crowd.
 
I really used to hate knit ties but after I tried one on I feel in love.  In a solid color they can go with any outfit but add texture and character that you don't get with a typical silk tie.  I am also a firm believer in tie bars; if you are wearing a tie, you should be wearing a tie bar (unless you are wearing a sweater or vest).  I really like colored tie bars but I hate paying for them. I go to antique stores and buy plain, simple ones for just a buck or two and then spray paint them the color that I want and then give them a couple coats of clear paint to protect them from chipping.
 
 
Brown Knit Tie- Free from Co-worker        Blue Tie Bar- $1 DIY


Brown and Cream Gingham Sport coat- Stafford $50 from JC Penny's


Berry Suede Air Colton- $60 from Cole Haan

No comments:

Post a Comment