Sunday, August 25, 2013

August 24th, Seersucker Shorts Suit (August in Richmond)

 
Seersucker shorts suit by JCP (JC Penny's house brand) jacket $39.99 on sale, shorts $9.99 on sale
shorts should hit right above you knees, higher if they are swim trunks. If your shorts are mid-thigh they are too short and if they come anywhere close to being below your knee caps they are too long.

Orange polo shirt by Polo Ralph Lauren $3.99 at Goodwill

With a bold outfit the accessories should be limited and you can never go wrong with a white pocket square and crocheted flower (courtesy of my co-worker Joan)


Suede Apron Toe Tassel Loafers by 1901 from Nordstrom- $99.00 (I love the brown and white color contrast)

 
Armitron watch- $50 (at least 8 years old)
 
Never trust a man who believes that his pocket square is "too fancy" to actually be used!
I must admit, this was the first time that I have ever worn a suit with shorts but I actually kind of dug it. I was dressed up enough for a cider tour that we took yet still extremely comfortable in the warmer weather.

If you do try to pull of the look the shorts and jacket must be fitted,  not too large or baggy. This is what you call a "high risk, high reward" outfit. I really liked it but it did elicit quite a few looks though; so be forewarned, not everyone is used to seeing shorts with a jacket...
 
 
Let me know what you think of the suit with shorts look...

No comments:

Post a Comment